Monday 21 March 2016

Another Thank You card. Black embossed resist. GDP#027 Thank You Theme





Welcome fellow crafters! I have almost left this to the last minute hehe but I wanted to enter it in this week's Global Design Project #27 Themed: Thank You. I have been experimenting with using colour on black or black ink resist and really love that look. I was fortunate enough to come across Jennifer McGuire's technique of using black embossed resist using Tombow black dual brush marker, and the results are perfect! Here is a pic of my workings on how I achieved the final look on my card.





I have used the gorgeous roses from Picture Perfect photopolymer stamp set and stamped the images on whisper white card stock. The great thing with Photopolymer stamps is that you can see directly underneath and helps with lining up the images. I used primary colours of red,blue and yellow and built the tones around that. I only added one leaf as this would be enough I thought hehe. I then clear heat embossed the images using the most filled in stamp to cover the majority of it so it will be protected and  resist the black ink when applied.

The flourish is from 'First Sight' stamp set and I just stamped it with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that the whisper white card underneath will show through and will resist the ink as well. After that I applied the Tombow dual brush black marker over the white areas and wiping off the excess on the images. 

The 'Thanks' sentiment is from Another Thank You set and I have placed this on the nesting dies from Tags & Labels framelits dies so that it stands out. I previously stamped the sentiment directly on the card base but it got lost with all the flourish details. I then added the white organza ribbon just to make it look elegant and need that element hehe and you're able to still see some of the design underneath. The clear embossing is the bomb it just adds instant shine to any stamped images and really brings out the colours and also it acts as a coating or varnish if you wanted to add colour such as black or any other colour and it will resist it. I hope my card example have inspired you to have a go and credit goes to Jennifer McGuire for  this brilliant technique - she's fabulous! :) 

Here is the final card... 






 


Please check out all the many wonderful creations from so many talented crafters over at Global Design Project with the Thank You theme.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again next time. Cheers! :) 



Products used:

• Another Thank You Photopolymer stamp set
• Picture Perfect Photopolymer stamp set
• First Sight Clear Mount stamp set
• Tags & Labels Framelits Dies
• Ribbon Organza White
• Stampin' Emboss Clear Embossing Powder
• Versamark
• Tombow Black Dual Brush Marker

3 comments:

  1. Juana, oh my goodness...this is beautiful. I often get inspired by Jennifer McGuire's wonderful videos and you did a great job with your version. Thanks for joining us this week for the Global Design Project "thank you" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie for your lovely compliments - it's very much appreciated. Yes thank goodness for Jennifer McGuire and her video channel, she has so many cool tips and techniques to help with our card making. It's always a pleasure and looking forward to the next one hehe. :)

      Delete
  2. Another stunning creation Juana. I love those bright coloured flowers against the black and white background...you have more patience than me!
    Thanks so much for adding your flare again to the GDP this week, always love seeing your amazing creations. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)