Tuesday 21 November 2017

Lawn Fawn's Frosty Fairy Friends Scalloped Pop Up Box Card


Hello and welcome. Creating fairy inspired cards has been so much fun lately, that I have made a card using Lawn Fawn's Frosty Fairy Friends in a pop up card in a box, that is perfect for the Holiday season. 

This card was actually finished the day before Lawn Fawn's new Color Inspiration challenge came out and to my amazement the colors I chose where almost the same match with the exception of yellow. However, there is a very pale beige on there that could be interpreted in that way hehe.

Why not go and go check out Lawn Fawn's #17 - Color Inspiration challenge and hopefully you can join in the fun!


To create this card I have used Lawn Fawn's scallop box card pop up die, it's an awesome die that I love to use time and time again to create a fun 3D scene with. Strips of acetate sheets used to prop up the fairies and snowflakes to make them appear floating. 

Whisper White card stock used as the base and Lawn Fawn Knit Picky patterned paper used to decorate the visible facade. It's a lovely pattern and adds that subtle interest to dress it up.

For the inserts I have used Stampin' Up! glimmer paper for the snow. I have used both the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders and Meadow Borders from Lawn Fawn to create the landscape sloping up. The glimmer paper adds a nice finishing elegant snow texture and looks great on the fairy house that have been die cut using the coordinating dies from the Frosty Fairy Friends. 


The images have been coloured in with copic markers, the foliage stamped in Lawn Fawn's Celery Stick and Freshly Cut Grass and Guava ink for the fairy sentiment.

I have also played with a new toy that I recently purchased and that is the new Brother Scan N Cut CM900. It is just awesome and a great investment. It cuts out all the stamped images in a matter of minutes, it came in especially handy for the foliage. I also have the dies for the set which is I used for last minute die cut additions such as the snow flakes on the front with the sentiment. 


For the finishing touches, I have used Clear Wink of Stella on the berries, snowflakes and fairy wings for sparkle and clear glossy accents on the snowflakes, Christmas lights and windows for extra depth. 


I hope you have enjoyed and found inspiration. Fairy sets always captures my imagination and this set truly brings out the fun and magic of the season.  Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time - Happy Crafting! :) 






3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this gorgeous card design! The colors are so pretty and the glittery accents add lots of sparkle! I'm so happy you joined us for our Color Inspiration challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling! Oh my! I'm just in awe of your lovely coloring and that beautiful sky background. Well done! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! this is PURE MAGIC!! loooooove the use of color! LOVE the detail on that winter fairy house! LOVE the pop up!! wow!! this is breathtaking!
    Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)